why we're looking for you
In the last year we’ve grown our sales team by 5x, and we’ll need to continue expanding our team to meet our 2021 revenue targets. You will be joining as a foundational member of the BDR team to prospect into target accounts and build outbound strategies to get them on Retool.
what you'll do
As a BDR, you will be the tip of the spear for growth at Retool. You will generate qualified pipeline so that our sales team and customer engineers can help our customers deploy successfully with Retool. You will identify key accounts to target, engage with them in a tailored way, and uncover their business and technical challenges so that you can effectively position how Retool can solve for them. We move quickly, so you’ll need to be ambitious, eager to learn, and remain calm under pressure.
who you'll work with
You’ll work with the sales and marketing team to identify messaging that resonates with a technical audience, so that you can find and message personas that are likely to get significant value from Retool.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and enjoy swapping stories. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
in this roll, you'll:
- Drive awareness for Retool through identifying and prospecting accounts (from venture backed high-growth technology companies to Fortune 500’s)
- Develop a keen understanding of the Retool product and value proposition
- Send personalized and creative outbound campaigns to these prospects and book qualified meetings for our sales team
- Take an iterative process to build, test, and measure different outbound strategies
- Conduct discovery to understand prospects’ business challenges, and articulate how Retool provides value to different customers based on their role, industry, and technical aptitude
- Achieve daily, weekly, and quarterly metrics
- Be diligent around Salesforce.com hygiene so you, and other Retool teams, can use that data to analyze and report on pipeline health
the skillset you'll bring:
- 2+ years of sales or customer success experience
- Product intuition and business acumen
- Attention to detail, and a strong and consistent work ethic
- A desire for feedback, adapting to changes, and learning very quickly
- A love for testing, tracking, and iterating on your process
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity and work autonomously
- Genuine curiosity
- Excitement to pursue a career in sales or sales engineering!