why we're looking for you
In the last 12 months we’ve built a small sales team and grown our revenue 3x. We’ve learned a lot, iterated rapidly on our process and approach, and added many customers to the Retool community. In the next 12 months, our revenue and business goals are ambitious, and we want to build a world class Sales Enablement team to serve as the foundation for that growth. Our customers are developers, our product and our sale are both very technical, and we want our sales enablement approach to embody that in every way.
We’re looking for a builder who wants to create a Sales Enablement team and program from scratch, to teach a team of incredibly technical sellers, and to go deep on the Retool product, partnering closely with our product and product marketing organizations to create world class, product-led sales enablement. We want you to love the product, go incredibly deep, and to be one of the best (or the best!) builders at Retool. If you’re excited to become a product expert and you’re a skilled teacher, we’d love to have you join and scale your creativity and expertise across a global team of sellers.
what you'll do:
- Build deep product training sessions: think hands on keyboard tutorials, hackathons, or new use case development in partnership with product and engineering teams
- Layer in sales trainings on key aspects of our methodology: think negotiation, pricing, and value selling
- Be the business leader and owner of two key metrics: Time to Full Ramp, and Sales Attainment
- Design sales onboarding programs, regular training cadences, peer coaching programs, discovery clinics, deal review programs, support engineering shadowing, and anything else you believe will drive sales performance
- Partner with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations to build a cohesive approach to enabling customer-facing teams and ensure there is a shared language, shared market positioning, and shared approach across all of these teams. How do we think and talk about Retool for different verticals? How do we position for different growth stage companies? How do we ensure our sales strategy and positioning supports our engineering buyers?
- Partner with Marketing on collateral development and lead the strategy for knowledge management
- Oversee annual Sales Kickoffs and QBRs, partnering with the entire company to outline the strategy and goals, create content, and execute the sessions
- Build and iterate on Retool’s sales methodology and playbooks for our different segments
who you'll work with:
- You’ll collaborate closely with our Sales leadership team across Account Executives, Sales Engineering, Operations, and Sales Development to shape the vision and direction of sales at Retool
- You’ll also work highly cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Success, and Support given how closely their work ties to yours
- We are passionate about serving our customers and love collaborating with each other to build our organization and company from the ground up
- We’re building a winning, fun, and high ownership culture to propel this company forward, and we’re looking for someone who shares that vision with us
the skillset you'll bring:
- Ability to go deep on the Retool product, partner with Product on how to position new features and products in the market, and create customer-centric and innovative training programs that prepare sellers to tackle the vast number of use cases we support
- Structured thinking and good listening skills that help you find patterns and build frameworks
- Ability to tackle new projects and make things happen in the unstructured environment of a hyper-growth technology startup
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that allow you to simplify complex topics into something people can understand and to support the team in getting hands-on with the product so they can effectively understand and communicate the value
- Ability to work with closely and productively with cross-functional teams and cultivate a reputation as being innovative, accountable, and reliable