Retool has 4 fundamental pieces to it:
1) Connect your data sources, like PostgreSQL, Salesforce, Firebase, and 20+ more
3) Connect your queries and logic to prebuilt components like tables, text inputs, and buttons
4) Organize and connect your components into an app
Retool isn't just a front end, though – we take care of a lot of the pesky logic that internal tools tend to require, like scheduling queries, updating and writing data, and triggers. Retool apps are easy to share with your teammates and stakeholders, and we offer granular access management and audit logs to keep things secure.
A few resources to help you get started:
- A 5 minute quickstart to get your app up and running
- Connecting your data to Retool
- Components / API reference
To see what other people are building and collaborate on problems, head over to the Retool community.
Retool integrates with most major data sources that you'd need to build your internal tools, from databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL, to internal REST APIs and GraphQL, as well as external APIs like Stripe, Firebase, and Github. Check out our Integrations Overview for more information.
Our docs won't be able to cover everything, so if you have any issues, don't hesitate to reach out to support through Intercom on the bottom right, and engage with the community to see what other Retool users are building and troubleshooting.